The TTC-1000 from Advanced Power Technologies is an advanced microprocessor-based transformer temperature controller that contains a full complement of programmable features. It is suitable for both retrofit and new transformers
Up to three universal temperature probes measure temperature from -35° to 160°C without calibration. The controller contains no maintenance items and does not require calibration.
The controller features four independent temperature set points per temperature probe with setable pickup and drop-out temperatures for hysteresis as well as built-in LTC condition monitoring. A mag mount temperature probe is available. It can monitor up to two LTC tanks.
The controller also supports two algorithms for LTC condition monitoring. The aux CT input for winding temperature measurement is based on top oil temperature
It has a load pickup set point for transformer pre-cooling, built-in fan bank alternate feature and three independent time set points for daily, weekly, or monthly fan exercising.
The controller also offers dual optically isolated inputs and programmable scheme logic with up to six programmable form C relay outputs.
The dedicated form B Device Alarm Relay has a built-in self check, and the minimum and maximum temperature display is time-stamped.
Other features include:
- Single, dual, or triple 0-1 or 4-20 mA analog outputs
- Optional DNP3.0 with RS-485 or fiber optic interface
- Built-in data logging
- Firmware upgradable from external PC
- Local or remote RS232 communications port uses simple ASCII protocol. No special software is required.
- Wide operating temperature range of -35 to 85°C
- Same unit works from 38 to 160 VDC or 120 VAC
- Panel mount or NEMA 4X enclosure
- Retrofit mounting bracket available
- Substation hardened to ANSI Fast Transient and Surge Withstand of C37.90.1 and RFI/EMI requirements of C37.90.2