ABB has announced the 12-year warranty for the GridShield recloser’s intelligent electronic device (IED), the RER620.
The recloser delivers reliability and modernizes the distribution feeders with a set of features that integrate the feeders into the smart grid era. The RER620, part of the ABB Relion family of controllers, has integrated loop control and comes standard with fully implemented IEC 61850 and GOOSE messaging features.
Some highlights of the ABB GridShield recloser include:
- Web server available, no proprietary software needed to download records, events and ComTrade files.
- 14 available programmable push buttons with LED’s
- 11 programmable LED's for alarms
- Graphical easy to use tool for custom applications
- High impedance fault detection
- Standard integrated loop control module
- Six voltage inputs available (sensors or PTs) ·
- All the traditional recloser communication protocols plus native IEC 61850 for implementation of simple or complex fault detection isolation and restoration (FDIR) schemes
- Rated as IP54
- 15-38kV up to 16kA of interruption
- Single and three phase operation on the same unit
- Interchangeable control cabinet within GridShield recloser family
- Draw out controller for quick field swap
This new warranty will be applied to all RER620 IEDs shipped starting retroactively on Jan. 1, 2013. The RER620 joins the rest of the ABB Relion protection relays family, which offers the 12-year warranty. The GridShield recloser will continue to be covered under the three-year warranty.