Oracle has introduced Project Analytics, a component of the Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) Applications, which monitors key project performance metrics and enables users to control project costs and improve project performance and profitability. Oracle Project Analytics is one of two applications newly introduced with the general availability of Oracle BI Applications Release 7.9.6.
A component of Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle BI Applications are comprehensive, pre-built solutions that enable customers to achieve fast time to value by reducing deployment time and help lower overall total cost of ownership. The program delivers role-based intelligence to Project Executives, Project and Program Managers, and Project Accountants, helping them to:
- Track project/program performance and control project costs.
- Take action to improve project portfolio performance.
- Deliver comprehensive insight into project revenue, billing, and profitability.
The application, integrated with the Projects capabilities in the Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise, also supports all types of projects (Contract, Capital, and Indirect) for both the private and public sector.
To help organizations jump start their project analysis efforts, Oracle Project Analytics features several pre-packaged dashboards including:
- Project Executive - provides an organizational view coupled with the visibility and control needed to monitor organizational performance and the health of projects across the board to improve profitability and operate more efficiently.
- Project Management - provides a complete view of project performance from high-level summary of accumulated and trending information for single or group projects down to cost, revenue, and budget transaction details.
- Public Sector - designed for public sector and other organizations not reliant on profitability and margin tracking. Fully integrated with the Oracle Financial Analytics module which provides public sector agencies with fact-based and timely insight into their operational budgets and funds management.
Oracle Project Analytics will help empower organizations to:
- Make timely, more informed decisions across the Project organization.
- Identify at-risk projects and initiate corrective measures.
- Further maximize cash flow with increased insight into payable, commitments, and billings.
- Control budgets and costs before they impact project profitability. ERP, CRM and Industry Specific Intelligence Solutions for Oracle and non-Oracle Applications
Oracle Project Analytics is certified today with:
- Oracle E-Business Suite (versions 11i10 and R12).
- PeopleSoft Enterprise (versions 8.9 and 9.0).
- Legacy systems through Universal Adapters.
Oracle BI Applications are also available for Financials, Procurement and Spend, Supply Chain and Order Management, Human Resources, Sales, Service, Marketing, Loyalty, Price, and a range of specialized industry analytics.
Built on Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition Plus, Oracle BI Applications take advantage of the software's hot-pluggable design enabling organizations to extend BI capabilities to existing Oracle and non-Oracle data sources and applications.