The Nebraska Public Power District at its May 2009 Board of Directors' meeting in Columbus, NE approved a number of capital projects involving power delivery. These included:
- The purchase of 11 acres in South Sioux City for the construction of a 115/69-kV substation.
- The installation of service lines, transformer, and related equipment to support the Cash-Wa expansion in Kearney.
- A line extension project to support the Village of Sutherland's new well field.
- Replacement of 15, 115-kV line pole structures between Columbus and Genoa.
- Removal of the overhead distribution lines and addition of new, primary underground extensions to support the AGRI Co-op Elevator expansion in Alma.
- A circuit breaker replacement at the Oakland substation.
The Board also approved the following contracts for Customer and Support Services:
- A contract with Areva T&D, Inc., for 63 power circuit breakers.
- A contract with General Cable Corporation at a price of for transmission line conductor.
- A contract with Asplundh Tree Expert Co. at a cost of for transmission line right-of-way tree clearing and vegetation control.
- A contract for 33,908 electric meters to support NPPD's automated meter communications system in 17 retail communities awarded as Parts I, II, III, IV, V and VII to Kriz-Davis Co. for a total of; and Part VI awarded to Graybar Electric Company, Inc..
- A contract with Stella-Jones Corporation for 250 transmission wood poles.
- A contract with The L.E. Myers Co. for the construction of a 115-kV switching station near Steele City.