Schneider Electric launched its SureSeT MV switchgear offering for the North American market. This new and improved solution, backed by the EvoPacT circuit breaker, replaces the Schneider Electric Masterclad solution for primary switchgear applications with a smaller, stronger and smarter solution for managing digital day-to-day operations.
SureSeT and EvoPacT combine to offer a range of benefits over traditional equipment, including:
• Digitally “Active”: Newly integrated digital features offer insights into day-to-day operations for remote access, monitoring and control of equipment health, predictive maintenance and operational efficiency
• Compact design: Optimize space in commercial and industrial buildings with MV switchgear that’s 25% smaller than standard designs
• Longer lifetime: Built to last for up to 40 years and through 30,000 operations – 3x the industry standard
• Greater uptime: Embedded sensors detect problems earlier and predict potential issues based on real-time asset insights – maintenance is based on condition rather than time without service interruption
• Enhanced operational safety: Minimize potential equipment issues with complete 360° insight into digital operations from a safe working distance
• Award winning: Recipient of the iF 2022 Design Award for EvoPacT in the Building Technology/Product category
“We designed the SureSeT solution to address customers’ increasing demand for space optimization and operational efficiency,” said Guillaume Le Gouic, Senior Vice President of Power Systems at Schneider Electric. “The EvoPacT circuit breaker’s compact design, integrated automation, monitoring and controlling capabilities allow our customers to do more with less.”
The EvoPacT circuit breaker is key to SureSeT’s integrated condition monitoring capabilities, allowing operators to manage, prioritize and triage impending equipment issues, increasing facility uptimes. This also enables technicians to remain at a safe working distance by using native wireless communications to operate equipment and gather data. In addition to accessing data from remote devices, it can also be shared via cloud connection to digital services, like EcoStruxure Asset Advisor, to fully optimize system interoperability.
EvoPacT breakers are equipped with digital technology that unlocks state-of-the-art capabilities, providing insight into electrical distribution systems. Combining sensors, apps, services, and a digital logbook.
Digital insights from the SureSeT and EvoPacT Active ranges empower facility managers to proactively manage any potential issues that arise in real-time, reducing risks, lifetime costs and downtime to operations – a pivotal step for businesses that rely on large amounts of power for critical work, including manufacturers, hospitals and data centers.