Klein Tools (www.kleintools.com), for professionals since 1857, introduces the VDV500-705 Tone & Probe Test and Trace Kit, designed to give users an opening price point solution for simple toning and tracing as well as wire map testing of non-energized wire.
- Easy-to-use tone generator traces wire when used with the included probe
- Responsive probe with durable, non-metallic, conductive tip
- Alligator clips for unterminated wires
- RJ45 to RJ45 test cable included
- Toner and probe together perform pin to pin wire map test on RJ45 terminated cables
- Work light on probe tip for use in dark spaces
- Adjustable volume control dial
- Headphone jack for noisy environments (headphones not included)
- Replacement test cables available (Cat. No. VDV770-855)
“In creating this kit, we wanted to provide a simple-to-use device that was also multi-functional,” says Karen Alpan, product manager with Klein Tools. “This kit functions not only as a tone generator and wire tracing probe for non-active wire runs, but also performs pin-to-pin wire mapping testing.”
For more information, visit www.kleintools.com/new-products.