EMC Corporation has extended its service portfolio with the announcement of several new support services and capabilities. EMC has invested more than $45 million over the past two years to provide customers with more options, control and security over their EMC products and support experience to ensure maximum information availability.
EMC is introducing several service and support capabilities, which are based on extensive customer input, to help customers maintain high levels of availability. These capabilities are:
- EMC WebSupport, an online service tool that gives users greater flexibility and functionality to identify, diagnose and resolve technical issues faster. Part of the EMC eServices support portfolio, EMC WebSupport is an easy and convenient option for communicating with EMC Customer Service, enabling users to open and submit cases and questions online 24/7 to EMC support engineers. EMC WebSupport is fully integrated with EMC Knowledgebase--EMC's up-to-date internal repository of solutions to technical issues and answers to questions, automatically providing customers with a set of options each time they open a case that they can leverage to expedite case resolution.
- A software-based version of the EMC Data Erasure Service that helps EMC customers further protect their information by enabling fast, secure and certified deletion of data on retired or repurposed disk drives in EMC Symmetrix or in select IBM and Hitachi mainframe systems. Available in the first quarter of 2006, the software-based data erasure solution is a fast, efficient service that will give customers more options for storage relocation and reassignment of remaining data while ensuring and verifying that their data is overwritten in accordance with their security and corporate governance requirements.
- The next-generation EMC Secure Remote Support Gateway, an IP-based version of EMC's pioneering remote system monitoring technology. It has been enhanced to help EMC customers minimize system downtime and accelerate issue diagnosis and resolution via a fast, secure link. Available in the first quarter of 2006, the Gateway solution will use a high-speed, secure IP connection for 24/7 remote monitoring, notification and repair of EMC networked storage systems by EMC. It will also meet stringent corporate governance and industry security regulations with features including customer-controlled remote access, authentication, detailed audit logs and encryption.
- EMC Secure Select for Government Service, which provides public-sector customers with specialized remote technical support, troubleshooting and repairs that address their unique security requirements. Available in the first quarter of 2006, this 24/7 remote support solution offers public-sector customers the expertise of a specialized group of EMC Customer Service engineers and provides support options including customer-controlled remote access and detailed access audit logs, encryption and authentication.
- Three supplemental EMC Software Support Services, which provide customers with fee-based direct technical support and onsite expertise for their EMC ControlCenter, EMC NetWorker or EMC Documentum software. Available today through EMC Customer Service, the supplemental services deliver designated onsite and remote support to help customers troubleshoot and maintain optimal performance of their EMC software.
- A new customer support center at EMC headquarters in Hopkinton, Massachusetts. This center provides proactive monitoring and real-time response for EMC Symmetrix customers and is part of a network of similar EMC centers located in Duluth, Georgia; Alexandria, Virginia; Cork, Ireland; Tokyo, Japan; and Sydney and Melbourne, Australia.