A new service combines asset inspection and LiDAR with existing patrols. The company behind the service, NM Group (Network Mapping Inc.) is a specialist provider of geospatial data, analytics, engineering services and software to electrical utilities. It says it can help pick up critical defects a helicopter safety patrol might have missed. It also says it can help reduce the amount of survey flights needed in a year.
Patrol+ applies the technology and interpretation tool to acquire significantly more asset information without affecting your patrols.
1) High resolution imagery of every asset and a comprehensive defect inspection
- Identify and geo-locates every defect
- Prioritize any safety defects found on the line or corridor
- Provide accurate locations for all structures for updating system records IR and UV inspections can be included to maximize the value from a flight
- Create defect information as a report or for integration with your existing GIS/Asset management system
2) Objective corridor vegetation report using a lightweight LiDAR scanner
- Rapid vegetation analysis provides clearance data to conductors
- The application of LiDAR can reduce total vegetation management spend by 20%-40%
- Client specific reporting ensures the data is actionable
- Vegetation reports ready to integrate with your existing GIS system or to populate work orders
- Ground clearance and structural defect analysis can be provided at the same time
Also, see "Operations Beyond Visual Line of Sight" from the November issue of T&D World.