Ambient Corp. has released the latest version of its network management system, AmbientNMS, a purpose-built suite of integrated software applications for real time fault, performance analysis, and reporting of characteristics of the medium- and low-voltage grid infrastructure.
This latest version of AmbientNMS features new tools for interpreting, arranging and sharing data, allowing the utility to create preselected users or groups, with the ability to create an experience custom-tailored to that individual's role, tasks and priorities:
- Auto-discover devices without user input / intervention
- Enhanced customizable lists and maps may be viewed at various levels such as state, city and street level down to a single device's information
- Maps may be organized geographically or with electrical substation and circuit topology imposed on them
- Retrieve and present real time data such as energy use
- Create reoccurring reports from regularly collected data
- Control and share desired data-based metrics and users
- Configurable events and alarms based on user-defined thresholds to discern the urgent and important information amid the vast quantity of available data
- Enriched charting and export functions for subsequent further analysis
- Forward events such as outage notifications to (user-defined) third-party applications.
In addition, the Ambient Smart Grid Platform facilitates multiple applications in parallel, including, but not limited to, multi-service smart metering, outage detection and restoration management, power quality monitoring, and distribution automation (for legacy and new) infrastructure assets. The AmbientNMS automates the collection and reporting of data from hosted applications; both Ambient's own and third parties' and can be integrated into other utility operational systems.