Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. has released the SYNCHROWAVE Central Software for visualization and analysis of synchrophasor data. This powerful, yet easy-to-use software solution increases operator situational awareness and provides valuable information about dynamic power system behavior.
With SYNCHROWAVE Central, system operators and planning engineers can use synchrophasor measurements to improve electric power system reliability. Users can view both real-time and archived data from phasor measurement units (PMUs) and phasor data concentrators (PDCs), which provide high-resolution, time-aligned measurements from across the power system.
Using this information improves operator decision-making by helping identify system oscillations and stability issues. Planners can use SYNCHROWAVE Central to analyze wide-area data to improve system models and study system impacts of renewable resources, such as wind and solar. Utility engineers can tune system components such as power system stabilizers or automatic voltage regulator settings.
SYNCHROWAVE Central Software provides the following key capabilities:
- Real-time and archived data viewing and analysis that enhance situational awareness and post-event analysis
- Intuitive user interface that offers fast set up and ease of use to maximize productivity
- Web browser-based interface for simplified user access
- Customizable displays of synchrophasor information
- Event capture to tag events for analysis at a later time