The Utility Analytics Institute (UAI) (an Endeavor Business Media brand), the only organization dedicated to enabling utility transformation through analytics today announces finalists for its 2023 UAI Excellence Awards. UAI honors the best in the utility analytics profession, recognizing the individuals, teams, and organizations that have achieved and maintained excellence through innovation.
2023 UAI Excellence Awards finalists will be recognized, and winners announced during Utility Analytics Week 2023, taking place October 31 – November 2, 2023, in Orlando, FL hosted by OUC. To learn more about the UAI Excellence Awards visit https://utilityanalytics.com/awards.
Awards that will be announced during the 2023 UA Week event include:
- Analytics Ambassador
- Best Innovative Utility Analytics Team
- Best Utility Analytics Leader
- Best Utility Analytics Professional
- Community Engagement
- Most Engaged Individual Member
- Most Engaged Utility Member
- Most Engaged Solution Provider Member
UAI will also unveil the Top 25 Thought Leaders in Utility Analytics
Three prestigious awards with a multi-phase judging process that are presented at the 2023 UA Week event are the Best Innovative Utility Analytics Team, Best Utility Analytics Leader, and Best Utility Analytics Professional, all specifically dedicated to the analytics segment of utilities.
Best Innovative Utility Analytics Team recognizes teams that have set and achieved the highest standards of excellence in utility analytics for problem solving in innovative ways and take the time to instill that culture in their employees. The 2023 finalists are:
- Austin Energy – Corporate Quality Services
- Consumers Energy – Operations Performance, Analytics and Process
- Exelon – Exelon Analytics
- Chris Britsch, Senior Manager, Data & Analytics – Snohomish County PUD
- Bert Hargesheimer, VP, Operational Support Services – CPS Energy
- Yong Li, Manager, Data Science – DTE Energy
Best Utility Analytics Professional recognizes the utility analytics industry’s top professional who possess the knowledge, skills, experience, passion, and business acumen required to provide consistent, quality, and innovative effort that is directly relevant to the utility analytics industry. The 2023 finalists are:
- Tom Anderson, Advisory System Engineer, US Energy – SAS
- Cara Gilad, Sr Data Scientist, Infrastructure & Safety Analytics – Exelon
- Michael McManus, Senior Data Scientist – Consumers Energy
A blue-ribbon panel of judges engaged in a rigorous selection process to identify the most deserving finalists for the three aforementioned award categories. The award finalists will now step into phase two judging for a personal interview with our judges who will then select the winner in each award category. Comprised of utility analytics professionals and long-time industry experts, phase one and phase two judges are tasked with selecting leading individuals, teams, and organizations.
“We sincerely thank our dedicated volunteer judges for their steadfast commitment, time, and encouragement,” says Leslie Cook, UAI’s Membership, Engagement, & Training Manager.
“In the context of the UAI Excellence Awards, the peer review serves as a vital pillar. It upholds the integrity of the process and allows experts in the field to assess the candidates. These peer accolades hold genuine value, resonating within our community and uniting us in celebration.”
2023 UAI Excellence Volunteer Award Judges:
- Glory Adepetu, Smart Grid Digital Programs Lead – AES
- Eric Davis, Senior Financial Analyst – JEA
- Sean Douglass, Business Analytics Manager – Entergy
- Kelly Laurie, Director, Information Technology – City Utilities of Springfield
- Abdul Mohammed, Director – MISO
- David Patrick, Sr Manager, Technology Support – Santee Cooper
- Haley Saul, Data Services Program Manager – Tacoma Public Utilities
- Gary Rector, Data Scientist – Salt River Project
- Mark Van Name, Section Manager, Customer Analytics – Con Edison
“Warm congratulations are in order for each of the exceptional UAI award finalists, who have not only championed excellence through innovation but also elevated the very essence of the utility analytics profession,” announces Gina Weber, Managing Director of UAI.
“Through the UAI awards, a spotlight is cast upon the industry’s finest, instilling a sense of distinction and achievement. As this year’s outstanding group of finalists takes the stage, our judges find themselves with a tapestry of excellence to weave through before the grand unveiling of the victors at our much-anticipated UA Week event in Orlando, FL.“