The eleventh annual Smart Energy Summit will be February 17-19, 2020, at the Omni Downtown in Austin, Texas.
Smart Energy Summit addresses the challenge and opportunity for utilities as consumer adoption of connected products and participation in renewable power generation increase. The event addresses the new approaches and solutions that are using connectivity and data to transform how energy is delivered.
Energy management and DERs, including connected products such as smart thermostats, smart plugs and lighting, smart water heaters, and pool pumps, are increasing in awareness and adoption, while utilities are testing and incorporating innovative IoT technologies to enhance DR capabilities and improve the user experience.
Smart Energy Summit analyzes these trends and addresses new strategies that are changing the customer relationship with energy through product and service partnerships and new applications in the home. This event also examines the impact of the IoT on utilities, energy service providers, and consumers.
This executive conference will address the challenge and opportunity for utilities as consumer adoption of connected products and participation in renewable power generation increase. The summit agenda features leaders from utilities, state and national regulators, telecom and security companies, retailers, and OEMs.
Key Questions Addressed:
1. How can utilities integrate smart home and distributed energy resources into the grid?
2. What incentives are needed for consumers to operate their home in a way that is aligned with the needs of the grid operator?
3. What can energy providers do to move beyond incentives and alignment to become an active participant in the smart home?
4. How can energy providers generate incremental revenue in the smart home?
5. How can energy providers move the energy management market forward?
6. What can energy providers do move from active participant to an indispensable element of the smart home?
Rob Davis, General Manager, Intrusion, Johnson Controls
Abhay Gupta, Founder & CEO, Bidgely
Debbie Kimberly, VP, Customer Energy Solutions & Corporate Communications, Austin Energy
Brad Russell, Research Director, Connected Home, Parks Associates
Learn more about the Smart Energy Summit.