Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Today 18% of America's distribution system is underground. With massive overhead to underground conversion and strategic underground programs underway across the country, is it probable that 50% of the distribution system will be underground by 2040?
This panel of utility experts at T&D World Live 2023 in Sacramento will discuss this provocative idea and offer ideas of innovative improvements in planning, design and construction that will be needed to achieve this goal. Join the debate.
- Pros and cons of 50% underground distribution by 2040
- Is it achievable?
- What will it take to accomplish it?
- Will regulators approve it?
- Matt Pender, Pacific Gas & Electric
- Joseph Svachula, Exelon
- Janet Lonneker, Anaheim Public Utilities
- Mike Beehler, Power Delivery Intelligence Initiative (Panel Moderator)