Every two years key conversations occur among energy professionals at IEEE PES T&D that drive the future design and development of a reliable, resilient grid. Through unmatched technical education and the widest display of next-generation energy solutions, you’ll be equipped to chart the energy grid of tomorrow.
Join your community in Anaheim from May 6-9, 2024, to discover how new approaches to modernizing and managing the grid will ensure reliability for individuals, businesses, and communities alike.
Anaheim is home to Disneyland as well as the Los Angeles Angels baseball team and Anaheim Ducks hockey team. There is always the beach, Catalina Island and lots of shopping and restaurants. Watch IEEE PES and T&D World for announcements and updates over the next couple of years.
Anaheim Convention Center itself, has quite the history. A recent blog on the Visit Anaheim website names a few:
- The Anaheim Convention Center is proud to be your go-to space for live music with legends who have graced our stages. Since opening in 1967, we’ve seen acts including The Doors, Elvis Presley, Jefferson Airplane, and Jimi Hendrix perform in the space.
- The inspiration for the ACC’s design comes from California itself. The all glass front welcomes the SoCal sunshine, providing an abundance of light. The center’s design lines mimic the California coastline and finds itself flanked with palm trees just like you’d find at the beach. The ACC North similarly captures the California vibe in its geometry and overall design.
- The Anaheim Convention Center has served as the set for numerous movies, TV series, and commercials. The unique architecture has made the center the perfect backdrop. We know the ACC will “live long and prosper” as it was the set for Star Trek: Picard, plus other hits like Matchstick Men, Ocean’s Thirteen, and Semi Pro.
- Whether you take your coffee black or with cream & sugar, coffee-loving attendees are in for a treat with on-site local brews. Catering serves Bodhi Leaf coffee products, a local roaster in Anaheim that works directly with farmers across the globe to serve sustainably sourced, high-quality coffee. It’s a quick, convenient option for attendees on the go.
- As a proud member of the Anaheim community, the symbolism of the water fountains runs deep. Our Mountain Fountain starts to the east in the Grand Plaza which flows along the Santa Ana Riverbed of lights before stopping midway to the Anaheim Colony District arbors. From there, the waters flow to the entrance at the Ocean Fountain located at the entrance of the convention center.
- A breath of fresh air is all around. The ACC utilizes 100% outside air for publicly- occupied space and has one of the freshest air quality Green Campuses nationally. (Validated by an independent certified third party Indoor Air Quality consultant) Plus, it has Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Certification for all buildings.
- With a long history of focusing on our guests’ wellness and experience, the ACC was able to quickly adjust to safety guidelines and procedures. The Anaheim Convention Center was the first convention center in California to welcome back a large-scale trade show with the IME West 2021 in August 2021. The GBAC Star Accreditation highlights our commitment to cleaning, disinfection, and disease prevention.