This course at the 2022 IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution Conference will provide an overview of the issues associated with planning, engineering, design, operation and automation of electrical distribution systems. Types of distribution systems and network circuits, as well as engineering issues related to distribution systems will be explored, as well as new concepts in the design, challenges and operation of the smart grid. The course is intended for those who are not familiar with the delivery of electricity to the end user.
Each day begins at 7:30 a.m. with continental breakfast and registration. These courses are eligible for CEU/PDH credit. Plain Talk registrants will also be provided with a complimentary exhibit floor pass for Thursday, April 28. Registration to the T&D Conference is not required.
Plain Talk Registration required: Register Online
THE ELECTRIC POWER SYSTEM enables our economy and society to function. In some way everything that impacts our lives, from where we live to where we work, from our government to our infrastructure, is dependent on a secure and reliable supply of electricity. Yet many individuals, including those who work in or with the electric power industry, do not have a basic understanding of the electric power system, how it operates or how it is evolving. These courses aim to increase your understanding of the electric power system by providing you with practical knowledge that you can use as you work in or with this important industry.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
- Non-technical personnel working at electric utilities
- Engineers and other technical personnel transitioning to the power industry
- Sales, accountants, media professionals, marketing and support personnel at power system suppliers
- Power industry policymakers, attorneys, regulators and their staff
- New hires at any power industry employer
- ANYONE with an interest in learning about the electric power systems upon which we all depend.
- Room: Rm 276
- Session Number: PT2
Tuesday, April 26, 2022: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM