Since May 2021, T&D World has been producing monthly Line Life podcast episodes to share stories about the line trade. This year, Field Editor Amy Fischbach will be in the T&D World booth at the Lineman's Expo doing interviews for the October 2023 podcast episode.
Swing by Booth #63, where you can slip on a pair of headphones, grab a microphone and sit down for a short interview with Amy. The episode, featuring interviews from the Lineman's Expo, will air on Oct. 20, 2023, on the Line Life podcast platform.
Look for the "On Air" sign to see when the recording sessions are underway.
You can also come by the booth to:
- Grab a free camo hat from Huskie Tools, the exclusive sponsor for the Line Life podcast
- Get a free hard hat sticker to wear proudly on the day of competition.
- Pick up some candy for you and your loved ones.
- Enter a drawing for a prize tool package from Milwaukee Tool in the T&D World drawing.
LINE LIFE PODCAST
Here is the list of Line Life podcast episodes from this year. To be notified when new episodes are released, you can follow the Line Life podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcasting app.
- September 2023: Celebrating a Lineman's Rodeo Championship Team
- August 2023: Lighting Up Navajo Nation
- July 2023: Protecting Birds with Drone-Installed Flight Diverters
- June 2023: Women on the Line, Part 4: Featuring Randi Blaser of Ameren Illinois
- May 2023: Women on the Line, Part 3: Featuring Joanne Ward
- April 2023: Women on the Line, Part 2: Featuring Alice Lockridge
- March 2023: Women on the Line, Part 1: Featuring Susan Blaser
- February 2023: Spotlight on Substation Work with Parker Worth
- January 2023: Modernizing Century-Old Infrastructure in Pennsylvania
In April 2023, we also launched a new series called "T&D Talk" on the Line Life podcast platform. Listen to these episodes to learn about the latest best practices, tools and technologies for the line trade.
- EPISODE 1: Extending the Life of Underground Cables: Learn about the process of cable rejuvenation by listening to this episode featuring guests Wayne Chatterton and James Steele of Southwire Company.
- EPISODE 2: Exploring Digital Grid Resiliency Assessments: Ray Kasten of Southwire Company describes how utilities can measure the health of their network, identify areas of improvement with the highest ROI and improve reliability and resiliency with limited dollars through the assessments.
- EPISODE 3: Fiber Through the Grid: Addressing the Challenges of the Grid Today: Seán Adam of AFL explains how Fiber Through the Grid technology will continue transforming the grid both today and in the future.
- EPISODE 4: Maximizing FR Protection for Your Field Workforce: Derek Sang of Bulwark FR discusses the myths, misconceptions and best practices for keeping lineworkers safe in the field through proper care, maintenance and use of FR clothing.
- EPISODE 5: Undergrounding High-Voltage Transmission Cable: Randy Denmon of Southwire Company discusses the installation process for undergrounding HV cable, special design considerations and how lineworkers help Southwire's team of installers on the job.