The New Hampshire Electric Cooperative has selected Elster's EnergyAxis Smart Grid solution to improve operational efficiency and empower members with more visibility and control over energy usage.
The largest cooperative utility in New England, NHEC will deploy EnergyAxis and more than 84,000 Elster Smart Meters to enable advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) capabilities, such as remote meter reading and comprehensive energy usage monitoring. The NHEC Smart Grid project will begin in the summer of 2011 and run through the end of 2012. Elster will manage the full deployment of the installation.
With data from Elster's EnergyAxis solution, NHEC will create a web portal that provides members with more information on energy usage patterns, helping to reduce costs and improve energy efficiency. The smart grid deployment also is expected to deliver operating improvements such as fewer truck rolls related to power outages and meter reads.
Elster's EnergyAxis enables utilities to:
- Realize operational efficiencies.
- Conserve environmental and economic resources by reducing the losses in electricity, gas and water infrastructures.
- Reduce outages, and improve outage response and repair time.
- Improve customer service and consumer choice.
- Implement demand response programs that can conserve resources and reduce costs, especially during periods of peak demand.
- Provide real-time information to end consumers to allow them to better manage their energy consumption.
- Detect and reduce non-technical grid losses.