GE Energy has published the ROI Handbook for geospatial network infrastructure management solutions: A structured approach to quantifying and delivering business value. The ROI handbook is designed to help network operators make fact-based decisions about investments in network infrastructure management solutions, gain buy-in by making the right level and pace of investment, and support their business objectives based on a quantifiable return-on-investment.
Investment prioritization and justification are more relevant than ever as leaders of network operators look to quantify specific and measurable return across all IT investments. As a result, many geospatial technology advocates face significant challenges to secure funding because:
- Senior leaders expect a strong economic (quantitative) business case to support all funding/budget requests
- Historic technology investment may not have yielded tangible value that senior executives recognize
- Strategic investments are not high enough on the ‘priority stack’ compared with tactical initiatives that address short-term issues
- Network infrastructure solutions are viewed as only relevant to the Engineering Department, with a lack of awareness of the value and benefit of exploitation through all parts of the business
Recognizing these challenges and that technology innovation, competition and customer demands are driving the need to exploit network infrastructure more effectively, GE Energy has collaborated with PA Consulting Group and assembled their collective insights and experience on how to quantify the tangible business value that geospatial network infrastructure management solutions can deliver to network operators.
This handbook is relevant across the technology lifecycle including organizations:
- Yet to have an established corporate network infrastructure management platform
- Prioritizing ‘next steps’ to ensure current platforms fully deliver on their potential value
- Upgrading to the latest versions of their software solution