E-terra platform is the new, upward-compatible release of ALSTOM Grid’s product for SCADA and EMS. In this release, the SCADA, Network security analysis, Power System simulator and Generation management subsystems of e-terraplatform have been extended by a set of innovative modules to support:
- Integration of renewable and distributed energy resources into the grid
- Online network stability applications to prevent blackouts
- Optimization of the generation fleet
- Enterprise message bus integration & CIM-based modeling
- Extended scalability and cyber security
The platform responds to the operator’s needs for greater supervisory control and wide-area network security monitoring; power balance monitoring and control; management of renewables and distributed energy resources; preparation and scheduling for look-ahead operations; disturbance analysis; prediction of events and simulation of alternative operating procedures; asset management and equipment maintenance prioritization and reporting for regulatory compliance.
These subsystems operate from a core of software and information technology providing a secure architecture framework for Enterprise message bus integration.