Public Affairs’ annual photo contest had a special theme this year — facemasks.
Proper wearing of facemasks has proven to be one of the most effective ways of preventing the spread of COVID-19. Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) has required the wearing of facemasks in all WAPA facilities and on any WAPA business when proper social distancing cannot be maintained.
The photography contest this year centered on those facemasks in action. WAPA employees across the organization’s 15-state footprint submitted photos of themselves and their colleagues wearing masks, both on and off the job.
WAPA congratulated all the winners of the contest and thanked everybody who had sent in their photos. The top 10 submissions are below:
- First place: Supervisory Power System Dispatcher Pete Miller
- Second place: Construction Control Representative Carol Hansen
- Third place: Power System Dispatcher Matthew Challstrom
- Fourth place: Division Maintenance Manager Kurtis Mayer
- Fifth place: Human Resources Specialist Allison Burnett
- Sixth place: High Voltage Electrician Julie Couts
- Seventh place: Financial Program Analyst Brittanie Paquette
- Eighth place: Administrative Support Deborah Marcotte
- Ninth place: Supply Technician Sandra Ocanas
- Tenth place: Human Resources Specialist Sandra Coate