Presto Geosystems’ GEOWEB® Load Support System offered a load distribution system on two low water crossings for Florida Power & Light (FP&L). With FDOT #57 stone (crushed limestone) infill, the system creates a stable mat to support FP&L’s line trucks over wet, soft soil areas. The GEOWEB® 3D Confinement System creates a permeable pavement capable of supporting vehicular loads over non-load-supporting soils and functions as a stormwater retention system.
Geosynthetic Project Components:
- GEOWEB GW20V 6-inch Depth
- Geotextile Separation Layer
GEOWEB Low Water System Environmental Benefits
With Clean Aggregate Infill, the System:
- Confines granular infill, significantly improving load distribution.
- Reduces stormwater runoff, promoting groundwater replenishment.
- Functions as a natural stormwater retention system, allowing water to fill the aggregate voids and permeate into the existing ground.
- Cell wall perforations facilitate lateral cell‐to‐cell drainage beneath traffic areas, resulting in better performance in oversaturated soils.
- The stability of the pavement surface translates to a reduction in maintenance costs.
- Controls shearing and lateral movement of infill material.
- Supports the weight of vehicles and greatly reduces the compaction of underlying soils.
- Confinement provides additional structural strength allowing for a reduction in overall cross‐section (50% or more).