Utility rights-of-way dedicated to power transmission lines cover approximately 9 million acres throughout the United States. Strategies to control compatible and incompatible vegetation throughout these expansive areas can significantly impact wildfire mitigation efforts. Explore these resources to ensure you’re prepared for wildfire season:
- Winning the Battle of Land and Fire
- A collection of research and information exploring how selective herbicides have proved to be a cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution for industry professionals to mitigate wildfire risk on utility rights-of-way. It covers wildfire preventive methods, using firebreaks as well as improving safety and budget management.
- Wildfire Prevention and Restoration
- From prevention to restoration, this is a hub for resources to assist all stakeholders in managing habitats, forests and grasslands. Here, you’ll find geographically specific technical guides, video resources for noxious grass control and a breakdown of prevention and restoration measures.
- Utility E-book for Vegetation Management
- Free to download, this e-book provides an in-depth look at the benefits of Integrated Vegetation Management (IVM) strategies and explains how supporting the development of beneficial low-growing plant communities can allow IVM programs to enhance wildfire mitigation efforts.
™ ® Trademarks of Corteva Agriscience and its affiliated companies. © 2023 Corteva.