Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. has released the new SEL-5073 synchroWAVe Phasor Data Concentrator (PDC) Software with archiving capability. The software-based PDC is designed with an intuitive user interface. The new software runs on Windows-based computing hardware, and includes:
- Data concentration for more than 100 PMU inputs
- Archiving of phasor data locally on the computer running the software
- Six user-configurable output data streams
- Built-in NERC CIP security features, including individual and role-based account authentication, access logs, and strong passwords
- Ease of use in setting up and configuring the PDC using the included PDC Assistant
The application is using the flexible archiving capability of the PDC as part of a solution to meet NERC PRC-002 disturbance recording system requirements. Other applications include using the PDC as part of wide-area visualization, awareness, and protection systems for improving electrical transmission grid reliability.