The Nebraska Public Power District approved a number of capital projects at its regular September meeting to refurbish and upgrade transmission and distribution infrastructure, some of which had been damaged in spring storms.
The Board approved the following capital projects:
- 115-kV substation refurbishment at Canaday Station
- Bloomfield-Gavins Point 115-kV transmission line refurbishment
- Hastings 230-kV substation refurbishment and 115-kV capacity upgrade
- Ord 115-kV substation capacity upgrade
- Distribution pole replacement projects for 2008 at various locations
- Sub-transmission line spring storm damage restoration
- Distribution line spring storm damage restoration
- Extra high voltage line spring storm damage restoration
- High voltage line spring storm damage restoration.
Also approved were the following customer services and delivery items:
- Contract for 115-kV transmission line refurbishment from Bloomfield - Gavins Point, awarded to TESSCO Utility Services, Inc.
- Contract for Hastings 230-kV Substation addition and modifications was awarded in three parts to TESSCO Utility Services, Inc.
- Contract for relay/control panels for Canaday Station awarded to Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.