The German National Metrology Institute (Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt/PTB) located in Braunschweig and Berlin has approved the Omicron's CT Analyzer for on-site measurements of current transformers with an accuracy class of >= 0.2 which are in line with the legal calibration standards.
The CT Analyzer is a lightweight instrument designed to meet high standards for performing excitation, ratio, polarity and winding resistance tests on current transformers (CTs) as well as burden-impedance measurement.
The instrument offers fast, comprehensive testing and calibration of current transformers, for protection and metering engineers as well as CT and switchgear manufacturers.
- Reduced commissioning time due to fully automatic testing.
- Allows testing and result assessment according to IEC 60044-1, IEC 60044-6 or IEEE C57.13 (ANSI standard).
- Accuracy level (0.02 %/1 min.) enables field calibration and verification of class 0.1 CTs for metering.
- Testing and automated assessment of specialized CTs such as TPS, TPX, TPY and TPZ.
- Allows testing of CTs for power frequencies from 16,7 to 400 Hz.
- Automatic analysis of CTs with unknown data ("name plate guesser" function).
- Recalculation of test results after tests with different burden and different primary current (no further on-site measurements).
- High level of safety - all tests utilize low voltages (120V)
European Patent EP 1 398 644 A1.
- Almost unlimited in: Ratio (50 000 : 1), Primary current (999 000A max.),
Knee point voltage (15kV max.).
- Automatic demagnetization of the CT after the test.
- Data storage on a removable Compact Flash (CF) card, which can be read by any standard memory card reader.
- Remote interface to integrate CT Analyzer into an automatic production process.
- Customizable reporting within Microsoft Excel.
- Easy importing and editing into MS Office standard software.