EMC Corp. has announced two new EMC Proven Solutions that enhance the efficiency of Oracle OLTP environments and data warehouses through advanced performance and data protection. These EMC Proven Solutions have been rigorously tested and documented with reference architectures and best practices designed to reduce the total cost of ownership of the infrastructure and increase IT efficiency. Customers of any size can now deploy a simplified information protection management framework for their Oracle environments using EMC's industry-leading backup, replication and data protection software.
As Oracle environments grow there is a demand for a simplified solution to protect all data – applications, middleware and database – across OLTP and data warehouses. The EMC Enterprise Oracle Environment Cloning, Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions helps customers deploy an efficient management framework using EMC's advanced software products to do the following:
- Remotely replicate applications and middleware data along with the Oracle database to ensure full recoverability using EMC SRDF (Symmetrix Remote Data Facility) replication software.
- Empower DBAs to rapidly create copies of Oracle database information in minutes versus hours or days using EMC Replication Manager and EMC TimeFinder.
- Speed and simplify backup management to EMC Disk Library for multi-terabyte Oracle data warehouses by leveraging EMC NetWorker Module for Oracle with EMC replication technology.
- Initiate scheduled or managed backups and perform more granular recovery of Oracle database data by linking NetWorker Module for Oracle with Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) utility.
Midsize companies are struggling with the explosive growth of their Oracle environments that need to efficiently scale to maintain performance. New EMC Proven solutions based on EMC CLARiiON CX networked storage systems with Enterprise Flash Drives (EFDs) allow for maximum performance for latency sensitive Oracle applications and help control costs because fewer drives are required to do the same job. These solutions are supported by:
- Reference Architectures for optimized use of multi-protocol storage, including storage area network (SAN) access for highest performance; NFS for flexibility including pure NFS, or integrated use with the Oracle Database Direct NFS feature for enhanced performance.
- New best practices to utilize EFDs within EMC CLARiiON CX networked storage systems. Detailed use cases outline, classify, and prioritize the use of EFDs to maximize performance, and reduce cost through consolidating storage infrastructure.
- New joint EMC Oracle Applied Technology best practices for combining EMC CLARiiON CX-4 and EMC RecoverPoint together with Oracle DataGuard for complete disaster recovery for applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle database data, and how to establish application-aware recovery bookmarks as well as leverage compression to reduce bandwidth costs.