Cooper Power Systems has been awarded the "Best Smart Grid Product or Solution" at the 2012 Rural Smart Grid Summit (RSGS) held in San Diego, California, Oct. 28-30, 2012. One hundred and fourteen rural electric cooperative executives voted on this award after spending three days networking and collaborating with 50 smart grid technology vendors.
This marks the second straight year that Cooper Power Systems has won this award—the first coming at the 2011 RSGS held in Bonita Springs, Florida. Cooper Power Systems presented a suite of automation solutions, including:
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) with options for cellular, power line carrier, and radio-frequency mesh networks to meet the needs of all types of service territories—urban, suburban, and rural.
- Demand Response (DR) offering.
- Substation automation hardware and software to integrate, automate, and manage Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs).
- Comprehensive distribution automation solutions, which include smart sensors, controls, relays, voltage regulators, switchgear, capacitor banks, Integrated Volt/Var Control (IVVC), and automatic feeder reconfiguration.
- Yukon advanced energy services software and CYME power engineering software.
The Rural Smart Grid Summit offers a format focused on business development through private boardroom meetings where rural electric cooperative executives meet with participating Summit vendors to discuss the latest advances and solutions in smart grid technologies.