RuggedCom Inc. has introduced RuggedNMS, a fully featured enterprise grade network management software platform designed specifically for the rugged communications industry.
RuggedNMS provides a comprehensive platform for monitoring, configuring, and maintaining mission-critical IP-based communications networks, such as those found in substation automation and “Smart Grids” for electric utilities, intelligent transportation systems, and advanced control and automation for industrial processes.
The new RuggedNMS software solution features:
- Centralized management and monitoring of network and networked devices to achieve desired level of network availability performance and operational efficiency
- Scalable and distributed architecture that can support very large networks
- Greater network visibility to enable proactive corrective actions and improved capacity utilization
- Web-based UI with graphical network view with highly versatile and configurable auto discovery and polling subsystem
- Rich set of pre-packaged reports and tools to create user-defined reports
- Option to bundle the RuggedNMS on a dedicated “appliance” that will act as a centralized server (pre-installed and ready to go “out-of-the-box”)
RuggedNMS is a server-based application that allows users to access the system via any web browser on the network. It provides a common user interface across all RuggedCom network infrastructure products, has extensive event, alarms, and notification facilities, and includes a powerful reporting engine with many pre-defined reports and tools to create custom user defined reports. RuggedNMS supports automated network discovery (including redundant loop architectures), SNMP v1, v2c and v3, and can manage any IP-enabled device connected to the network.