Belden Inc. has added new connectors, cordsets and modules to Lumberg Automation’s LioN-Power system. These additions further support the need for more power, space-savings and higher data transmission required by the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
“The miniaturization of components, lines and related automation equipment has made production lines smaller. At the same time, the need for increased power and data transmission to support intelligent devices is skyrocketing,” said Paul Just, product manager at Belden. “Our new additions to the LioN-Power system give teams field-level solutions that enhance performance, while saving space and allowing them take advantage of new technologies for IIoT, without having to undergo a complete redesign.”
Combined with the existing LioN-Power system offerings, these new solutions offer customers the utmost flexibility and performance in industrial settings where space is at a premium. The six additions to the LioN-Power family include:
- LioN-Power μDCU (micro distributed control unit) is the first solution to make one-device automation possible by combining the capabilities of a field I/O with a programmable logic controller (PLC). Organizations can easily program µDCUs with the freeware programming tool LDmicro in Ladder Logic (LAD). This provides an accelerated, economical solution to field-level automation and the capabilities of IIoT. µDCUs also are global-ready with UL 61010-1 approval expected in late November 2016 and multiprotocol support for PROFINET, EtherNet/IP and EtherCAT.
- LioN-Power Multiprotocol I/O Modules are the most versatile multiprotocol I/O modules on the market, adding EtherCAT support to the line’s existing support for PROFINET and EtherNet/IP. This line also features new universal 16 digital in-/output (DIO) module options that give users the freedom to adjust the modules to any I/O configuration to meet the various needs of their systems.
- The LioN-Power IO-Link Masters are fieldbus-independent, multiprotocol modules that ensure consistent, intelligent communication between programmable logic controllers and smart devices that is necessary for IIoT. These modules provide enhanced flexibility with support for PROFINET and EtherNet/IP and customizable port configurations that can manage digital inputs, digital outputs, analog inputs via IO-Link and smart devices – all in a single device. This allow users to easily connect devices to different systems and controllers worldwide.
- LioN-Power Hybrid I/O Modules combine power and data transfer in the world’s first I/O module that provides multiprotocol support in combination with M12 Hybrid technology. Their space-saving interface reduces the number of cables needed, in order to simplify installation and makes replacing modules easier. The modules’ ability to reduce cabling also minimizes the space requirements on a machine itself, giving machine builders more flexible design options.
- LioN-Power M12 Hybrid Connectors revolutionize industrial connectivity by providing one interface that simultaneously transfers power and Fast Ethernet data. This saves space and allows teams to install devices on the network in half the time. The M12 Hybrid Connector has undergone rigorous testing, making it the first M12 hybrid connector to receive UL 2238 certification.
- Lumberg Automation has added a screw design option to its line of LioN-Power M8 5-pole B-coded Cordsets. This option combines the industry’s smallest and lightest cordset size with the added feature of stronger mechanical resistance and high-pressured water protection up to IP69K. The M8 5-pole B-coded cordsets also feature foolproof mountable B-coding that makes it impossible to mismatch connections and is the only B-coding to meet IEC 61076-2-104 standards.
The LioN-Power system solutions are specifically designed for industrial applications that require high data and power transmission in tight spaces, including power transmission and distribution applications.