Comverge, Inc. has released its Apollo Demand Response Management System. Designed for direct load control, price response, and messaging, the Apollo Platform will manage residential and commercial demand management resources, while incorporating capabilities for plug-in hybrid and electric vehicle control, renewable resource management and future SmartGrid resources as they become part of their utility customers' portfolio of assets.
Apollo is a key element of the Progress Energy Carolina EnergyWise demand response system to be designed and built by Comverge. Apollo will also be deployed by PEPCO Holdings, Inc. Comverge customers currently operating the Comverge LMS system will have the opportunity to migrate to the powerful and versatile Apollo platform.
Key features of the upcoming Apollo Platform include:
- Open architecture based on enterprise software standards using the latest in web technologies.
- Seamless management of assets including demand response control devices, programmable communicating thermostats, in-home displays, commercial and industrial control systems, PHEVs and renewable energy resources.
- Intuitive operations providing system operators pin-point load reduction information.
- Compliant with NERC security standards.
- Integrated support for a variety of communicating devices and legacy demand response equipment,
- Real-time operational performance analysis and optimization capabilities.
- Web Service based architecture for integration with Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and other utility back office systems, regardless of the communication method or network.