Maysteel offers custom-engineered medium-voltage harmonic filter banks for power factor improvement and harmonic mitigation. Maysteel SmartBank units provide capacitive reactive power ratings up to 30 MVAR in a single enclosure. Both pad-mount and metal-enclosed designs are offered, with a choice of harmonic filter capacitor units and reactors. Units are typically assembled, wired and tested before shipment, but can be field assembled if desired.
SmartBank units are available in fixed or automatically switched designs with up to 15 filter steps. System voltages range from 2.4 to 34.5 kV RMS. The units meet or exceed ANSI, IEEE, NEC, NESC and other applicable standards.
Other major features include:
- Heavy-gauge, compartmentalized Maysteel enclosures; NEMA 3R standard; NEMA 1, 4X, 12 and 13 optional.
- Both front and rear doors for easy accessibility.
- Special formed-channel base enables single-piece shipments up to 50 feet in length, simplifying installation.
- C, high-pass and notch harmonic filter circuits.
- Integral control and protection systems.
- Short circuit ratings to 40kA RMS symmetrical.
- Harmonic filter capacitor bank ground switch.
- Side-mounted, externally operated, air insulated main disconnect switch for increased operator safety.
- Mesh-backed ventilation louvers allow filter changes without opening the enclosure.