Sybase, Inc. has announced the availability of Unwired Accelerator 8.0, a mobile solution that enables users to access their enterprise applications, data and business processes from mobile devices.
Sybase Unwired Accelerator 8.0 enables developers and IT professionals to build custom mobile solutions that extend existing enterprise information sources, including SAP ERP, BMC Remedy Service Desk, Business Objects and Crystal Reports XI, Lotus Notes, JDBC databases, Web Services or Web applications, directly to handheld devices.
"Mobile deployments are growing rapidly as companies utilize the expanding array of highly capable smart devices and increasingly available wireless broadband connections," said Jack Gold, founder and principal analyst, J. Gold Associates. "However, the inability to rapidly create and deploy mobile applications is constraining the growth of the market and slowing deployments for many organizations. Easy to use rapid deployment tools, like Sybase Unwired Accelerator, provide a needed boost to organizations with limited development resources who want to deploy back office applications out to mobile end users with the least cost and in the shortest possible time."
Sybase Unwired Accelerator 8.0 is a key component of the recently announced Sybase Information Anywhere Suite, which includes mobile email, device management, enterprise-to-edge security and enterprise application enablement products that securely extend back-end enterprise applications and business processes to remote workers on the frontlines.
- Enhanced application support for Business Objects XI, Crystal Reports XI, Lotus Notes 6.5, Remedy Service Management and SAP ERP
- Server push and differential synchronization support for BlackBerry, Windows Mobile and Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME) devices
- New Eclipse-based mobile tooling in addition to Web-based tooling for the rapid development of both connected and disconnected mobile applications
- New .NET Compact Framework API to give .NET developers the ability to create sophisticated applications with support for enterprise-level synchronization, persistence, transaction and server push capabilities.
- Connected and disconnected support for Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME) devices that support MIDP 2.0 profiles and CLDC 1.0 runtime
- Support for SOA (Service Orientated Architecture), online/browser and smart/rich client architectures
- New Customization Wizard for the BlackBerry which enables non-technical users to quickly customize the look and feel of the Sybase Unwired Accelerator Smart Client on BlackBerry devices