1. Learn about the Latest Power Industry Trends and Technologies.
Experts in the field, such as Ed Hunt from Western Area Power Administration, will deliver panel presentations during a robust transmission and distribution conference covering safety, line, station and business issues.
2. Engage in Hands-on Demonstrations at AEP’s Dedicated ESMO Outdoor Site.
Jonathan Cronin, transmission line manager for American Electric Power, is working with the outdoor vendors to provide hands-on demonstrations for attendees.
3. View Exhibits on Everything from Animal Mitigation to Zero Harm.
The trade show, which will take place at the Columbus Convention Center, will feature more than 100 exhibitors. View a show map.
4. Tour AEP Transmission’s Technical Training Center.
The training center features an indoor substation, transformers and a vast array of other electric system equipment. The outdoor training ground behind the training center houses a diverse range of electric utility infrastructure including wood poles, towers and monopoles.
5. Network with Utility Professionals from Across North America Including Employees from AEP.
For 2019, the host utility for ESMO 2019 is American Electric Power, which has the largest transmission system in the United States and is parent to seven electric utility operating companies serving customers in 11 states.
6. Explore the City of Columbus, Ohio.
Columbus, home to ESMO 2019, is a city known for its diversity, vibrant downtown, eclectic neighborhoods, thriving art scene, business and technology companies and the Ohio State University.
7. Go Wild at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.
You can also check out Shadowbox Live Theater or the Funny Bone Comedy Club. If that doesn’t suit you, rent a paddleboard or kayak at Hoover Reservoir. You can also treat yourself to a fine or hearty dinner, delightful drink or shopping extravaganza. Columbus has an incredible food scene, thriving microbrews, and world-class shopping at Easton, Polaris and beyond.
8. Apply Your Knowledge to Real-Life Demonstrations.
8. Learn about the latest power industry best practices and then watch techniques being performed during the outdoor demonstrations. ESMO 2019 is one of the few industry events that integrates both conference technical session learning and outdoor demonstrations.
9. Sharpen Your Skill Sets.
Discover how to solve common industry problems through four days of learning, networking, tours and demonstrations.
10. Earn Professional Education Credits.
Participants can earn professional development hours from IEEE PES by attending technical sessions. To learn more about ESMO 2019 and to register, visit the Web site.