This webinar was originally held on October 19th, 2023, and is now available for on demand viewing.
Duration: 1 Hour
Sponsor: Schneider Electric
Already Registered? Please click here to log in.
Join us for an enlightening panel discussion between key representatives from PG&E and Schneider Electric. Find out how they took an idea of DERMS and translated that into immediate innovative value while simultaneously developing and executing a long-term DERMS strategy. Deep dive into their dynamic partnership and gain first-hand insights into how their open collaborations are accelerating innovation in the power sector and driving to a future of decarbonization.
Key Topics Covered:
- Rapid Innovations: Understand how the collaboration between PG&E and Schneider Electric is delivering value quickly while setting a foundation for the future.
- Strategic Alignment: Hear about the partnerships and collaboration that are mandatory to expedite innovation.
- Step-Wise Journey: Learn about the phased approaches in vision mapping and the present-day execution strategies.
- Agile Deployment: Receive guidance on leveraging technology in ways that are agile, incremental, and scalable for utilities.
- Scalability is Key: Learn about a critical evaluation of the DER management, grid automation, and customer facing technologies within the modern grid framework.
- Showcasing Use-Cases: Delve into real-world scenarios that highlight the practical benefits of these novel innovations.
- Actionable Insights: Hear about how to equip decision-makers, utility executives, and industry stakeholders with tangible insights for the efficient deployment of these groundbreaking technologies.
Call to Action
Don't miss this opportunity to learn from the leaders in the field and chart a knowledgeable course for the future of utilities and grid systems. Register now and be a part of the change!
VP Strategy & Innovation – Power & Grid
A global business and technology strategist with over 25 years of enterprise solutions experience, Scott is responsible for driving the direction of software and services that support utilities on their digital transformation journeys. Scott manages the comprehensive Grid to Prosumer strategy spanning Grid Optimization, Flexibility Services and Prosumer Engagement; innovation initiatives including new partnerships, acquisitions, and disruptive projects; and business development activities including new technology deployment models.
Senior Director of Grid Research Innovation and Development (GRiD)
Pacific Gas & Electric
Quinn Nakayama is the senior director of Grid Innovation Research and Development (GRiD) organization at Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E). GRiD’s role is to provide insight into the future of the grid, perform research and development on key areas impacting the company’s energy system strategy, pilot new grid architectures and technologies, identify pathways of pilots to full programs, and drive and collaborate on energy policies to ensure a safe, clean, reliable, and affordable energy future in meeting the needs of energy resilience and climate change. This includes areas of focus such as Distributed Energy Resources, microgrids, electric vehicles, sensing, new forms of generation and storage, load management, infrastructure maintenance and construction innovations, and energy system planning. Prior to his current role, Quinn held various roles at the company, including directing Electric Distribution Planning, running the Central Distribution Control Center, executing as the Chief of Staff for the VP of Electric Distribution, and assisting in the startup of the company’s Emergency Preparedness and Response program and department. He also held leadership positions in management consulting with the Big 4 and graduated with a Business Administrations degree from UC Berkeley (Go Bears!). But most importantly, he has a wife and 2 kids, which are the center of his world.Sponsored by: