Locus Energy has launched the LGate 360, its next-generation control panel designed specifically for plug-and-play performance data acquisition for commercial and utility-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) installations. The standard configuration combines a revenue-grade power meter and Modbus-enabled datalogger pre-wired in an outdoor-rated enclosure. The LGate 360 can also be specified to collect data from a variety of peripheral devices and meteorological sensors, allowing site owners and operators to more efficiently manage solar PV assets.
While one of the smaller costs of a PV system, solar monitoring solutions can be one of the most difficult components to design, install and commission. Locus Energy's data acquisition systems hardware supports a wide range of metering options and leverages cellular communications, allowing system stakeholders to drive down the overall cost and complexity of system installations. Combined with full-featured and easy to use web-based software, Locus Energy's monitoring solutions vastly simplify the process of gathering, organizing and visualizing solar performance data.
The LGate 360 features include a high quality metal enclosure; a wide-input range power supply accommodating all three phase power configurations; and integrated RS-485 surge suppression. The simplified design eliminates commissioning delays caused by extensive on-site configuration and the need for external power supplies for peripheral sensors, decreasing the number of man-hours spent in the field.
Together with Locus Energy's web-based SolarOSTM monitoring platform, the new LGate 360 enables owners and operators of solar PV plants to efficiently gather data for troubleshooting, asset optimization and performance guarantee/billing functions. Additional features of the LGate 360 include:
- Underwriters Laboratories/Canadian Standards Association rating as an industrial control panel
- Industrial-grade datalogger with built-in support for communication with best-in- class peripheral devices and sensors
- Three-phase revenue-grade power meter
- Integrated circuit protection and power supply; all connected devices are line-powered, eliminating the need for external 120-volt power
- 24 VDC (volts direct current) terminal provides power for multiple peripheral devices
- Options for load metering and 3G cellular connectivity