As electric utilities look ahead to the New Year, they can learn about the challenges and opportunities facing the industry in Deloitte's new report, titled "The 2019 Power and Utilities Industry Outlook." This report describes the rapid changes within the industry and what utilities should look out for in 2019.
Scott Smith, U.S. Power and Utilities leader for Deloitte LLP, gives his take on the new technologies as well as the regulatory challenges facing the industry in his report. For example, here are some of the highlights:
- Electricity customers are accustomed to a new normal and demanding to be heard.
- Technology is expanding opportunities to improve operations.
- Pockets of business model experimentation are emerging.
- Regulatory change: will it come fast enough for utilities to meet changing customer expectations?
- Continuity coexists with change.
To download the free report, click here.