A Partial Discharge (PD) Workshop will take place at the Manitoba Hydro High Voltage Test Facility on Aug. 12-14 in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
In this workshop, we are going to introduce the basics of partial discharge, the applications and the various advanced measurement techniques. Participants will acquire knowledge on PD measurements on various high voltage apparatus such as power transformers, rotating machines, and cables and become familiar with the possibilities and limitations of partial discharge measurements and their analysis of different test objects.
Workshop topics will include:
- Theory and Introduction to PD
- Online PD Monitoring
- Summary of International Standards
- PD Measurements on Rotating Machines
- PD Measurements on Medium Voltage and High Voltage Cables
- PD Measurements of Power Transformers
- Acoustic Partial Discharge Methods
- Evaluation of Non-IEC 60270 Partial Discharge Location
To learn more about this workshop and to register online go to: www.omicronusa.com/PDW2014