G&W Electric and Survalent Technology have announced a comprehensive automation solution. Lazer Power System Automation incorporates the Survalent SmartVU Utility Data Management System with G&W Electric hardware and control solutions to offer users the ability to monitor, evaluate, and reconfigure their system, providing increased reliability, data analysis, reporting, and improved efficiencies. Regardless of whether the user is looking to upgrade their system, track performance, or improve reliability indices and power quality; Lazer can be customized.
Lazer addresses system reconfiguration and can be used for system improvements such as Volt/Var control, power factor control, system event reporting, and command sequencing. The system consists of tools that allow distribution operators to monitor, control, coordinate, automatically restore, and verify results for parts or all of a distribution system in real time. This solution leads to a variety of benefits including Increased Reliability, Reduced Losses, Improved Cash Flow, Lower Restoration Times, Reduced Equipment Damage, and Improved Operational Planning. The Lazer solution can be applied as a full system control for Conservation Voltage Reduction or on a single feeder as a local control using Fault Detection, Isolation, and Restoration or Voltage Loss Programming.
It offers the following additional features and options beyond fault isolation and restoration.
- A user friendly interface
- An operator training simulator to test system response without affecting the system
- Options for full SCADA, AMI, outage management applications, and more
- Advanced applications such as predictive maintenance, load flow, and short circuit analysis
- Extensive report and data management portfolio including an advanced loss analysis reporting system
- Four redundant server disaster recovery plan that uses hot standby syncing rather than sequential updates
- Improved Operator Safety with IED faceplate status and Control Panels
- Expedited set-up of new controls with the IED Wizard
- Model Based system Analysis and Reconfiguration
- Multispeak Compliant
- Open Hardware and Communication Platform for integration of existing software and IEDs
- Integrate and monitor Renewable Energy Sources