IEDScout from Omicron is a universal client to IEC 61850 servers (such as substation IEDs) and a publisher/subscriber for GOOSE messages. It provides numerous, useful functions needed in the substation or the laboratory.
As an IEC 61850 client, it supports generic reading/writing of data attributes to using the self description of the IED and producing SCL files from it. It detects GOOSE messages on the network and monitors them. The IEDScout also simulates GOOSE messages. With IEDScout, the protection engineer has new options to enhance the depth and quality of testing.
Features & Benefits
- New in V 2.0: Improved Data View for easier navigation
- New in V 2.0: New Polling Window for observing all polled data together
- New in V 2.0: Recording of GOOSE Traffic into COMTRADE files
- Provides access to IEC 61850 compatible IEDs from any vendor
- Can be used even with missing or incomplete configuration information
- Supports unplanned and improvised testing situations, especially during commissioning and troubleshooting
- Client functionality for developers of IEC 61850 IEDs (servers)
- Creation of SCL files for devices without additional engineering tools
- Detection of GOOSEs on the network and GOOSE monitoring
- Transfer of detected GOOSE information to the GOOSE Configuration Module for the CMC test set
- Simulation of GOOSE messages
- IED Development
IEC 61850 Package
Since the different testing tasks typically come together, OMICRON has bundled the most common tools in this package. It consists of IEDScout and the testing features for GOOSE and Sampled Values for CMC test sets. For details on the different products, see the corresponding sections.