Custom-engineered metal-enclosed capacitor banks from Maysteel deliver reliable, cost-effective power factor improvement for wind farms, refineries, substations, and other industrial or utility applications.
Part of the SmartBank series of power-quality solutions, Maysteel’s metal-enclosed capacitor banks provide capacitive reactive power ratings up to 30 MVAR in a single enclosure. Either fixed or automatically switched designs are available, with up to 20 steps. System voltages range from 2.4 to 34.5 kV RMS. The banks meet or exceed ANSI, IEEE, NEC, NESC and other applicable standards.
Metal-enclosed banks are typically assembled, wired and tested before shipment, but can be field assembled if desired. A robust steel base simplifies installation and allows single-piece shipments up to 50 feet in length.
Other major features include:
- Front and rear doors for easy accessibility
- Integral control and protection systems
- Short circuit ratings to 61kA RMS symmetrical
- Fused main disconnect switch or interlock with grounding switch
- Key interlock system and three-point latching with padlockable handles
- Mesh-backed ventilation louvers allow filter changes without opening the enclosure
- Top-quality Maysteel switches and capacitors, or choice of other component brands