Megger's TM1600 circuit breaker analyzer measures a circuit breaker’s timing cycle. The timing channels record closings and openings of main contacts, resistor contacts and auxiliary contacts.
Since the timing channels are not interconnected, you can take measurements of resistor contacts and series connected breaker chambers without having to disconnect them.
A built-in program unit permits easy selection of different sequences of breaker control pulses. The delay time between pulses is set on a thumbwheel. The breaker operation unit can be used to control coil currents of up to 25 A. The time values obtained refer to the exact instant at which voltage was applied to the coil, and a built-in printer provides you with a hardcopy printout immediately after measurement.
Other features include:
- Modular Design – user configurable
- 16 Timing Channels and 6 Analog Channels can be configured in one stand alone instrument
- Communicates with CABA Win Software which is a common platform to use with the TM1600, EGIL and TM1800
- Uses a Fiber Optic Interface to maintain noise immunity in HV environment
- Rugged proven design with many instruments in use worldwide