Just in time for the hot summer season, TXU Energy has launched an interactive, Web-based suite of tools and resources aimed at helping customers lower their electricity bills through better control of their energy usage.
The website, located at txu.com/billhelp is designed to give consumers the ability to identify common causes of high electricity costs and provides a number of easy-to-use tools to help consumers learn about and manage their energy consumption.
Highlights of the website include:
- An Energy Thieves Calculator that helps identify household electronic devices that continue to draw power even when they're not in use;
- An Energy Savings Guide for indoor and outdoor tips to save energy;
- The TXU Energy Personal Energy Advisor that provides consumers with a list of tools, tips, and projects which can help them reduce usage based on their responses to a few simple questions;
- A section on understanding electricity costs with information to help consumers understand their bills by walking them through how to read their meters and understand their electricity bills;
- Information on TXU Energy Aid, the company’s bill payment assistance program, the largest among electricity providers in the nation;
- Information on TXU Energy’s low-income discount program. TXU Energy is the only retail electric provider in Texas that voluntarily provides an approximate 10 percent discount for participating low-income customers. This discount is in addition to the one provided by the State of Texas' System Benefit Fund -- the state directed program for low-income assistance on energy bills;
- Information on the TXU Energy summer moratorium on disconnects for customers in need. A flexible payment plan is available for residential customers designated as low-income, ill or disabled, or who are at least 62 years of age; and
- Access to the company’s Average Monthly Billing program that helps smooth out the seasonal highs and lows of customers’ electricity bills.