Telvent Miner & Miner has released version 9.2.1 of ArcFM Solution and ArcFM Server.
The ArcFM Solution assists utilities in editing, modeling, maintaining, and managing facility information. ArcFM Solution 9.2.1 is certified with ESRI's ArcGIS 9.2.
The ArcFM Solution 9.2.1 introduces enhancements including:
- Responder now supports Telvent OASyS DNA SCADA and DMS integration to leverage real-time and analytical data of the network. This release also features numerous scalability and performance enhancements.
- Feeder Manager has been extended to provide support for multi-tiered networks. When Feeder Manager is configured, electric traces will respect multiple voltage levels within an electric network.
- Mobile: Inspector has been enhanced to improve usability and support a wider variety of field workflows. ArcFM replication now supports synchronizing non-versioned and non-GIS data to field devices. Finally, the inexpensive and easy-to-use Redliner and Inspector extensions can be integrated with Designer to draw preliminary designs.
- Designer has been extended with new work function support, an enhanced "Remove from Design" tool, and improved work management system failover support.
- ArcFM Server now includes an out-of-the-box web browser application known as ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Server. This application provides the ability to trace and identify features and view ArcFM Attributes. ArcFM Server is built on ESRI's Web ADF and integrates directly with ArcGIS Server Manager. The customization API allows developers to extend the existing functionality within custom web applications. ArcFM Server web services can be consumed by third party applications and provide a key component for supporting SOA business solutions.
- Fiber Manager is a new extension for managing and analyzing fiber optic systems. It is a set of tools and reports that connect, maintain, and manage an organization’s fiber infrastructure. Fiber Manager provides robust functionality for managing fiber splices, patch panel port connections, circuits, OTDR outage traces, fiber availability analysis, and numerous reports.
ArcFM Server 9.2.1 has been augmented with the following functionality:
- ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Server is an out-of-the-box web application for viewing and analyzing utility GIS data in a web environment. ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Server contains the following tasks and tools:
- Electric Traces allow the user to trace electric distribution systems upstream or downstream and optionally return protective devices.
- Identify Tool allows users to click a portion of the map and display information about the features at that location.
- Attribute Viewer permits users to view the attributes associated with the features returned by a task or command. Any ArcFM display configuration that has been defined inside of ArcFM Desktop is respected.
- Out-of-the-box ArcFM Server tasks and tools integrate with ArcGIS Server Manager to rapidly deploy GIS utility web applications.
- The ArcFM Server developer kit is a rich set of development tools that allows a developer to extend the viewing functionality and access ArcFM’s editing and business rule framework.
- ArcFM web services provided with ArcFM Server are key components to supporting a service-oriented architecture (SOA) within business operations. The web services enable GIS information to be accessed across multiple departments within an organization by both traditional GIS clients and non-traditional clients.
ArcFM Server provides two editions (Standard and Advanced):
- ArcFM Server Standard provides utilities with the ability to view and query ArcFM information from a centralized server environment. ArcFM Server Standard Edition features an out-of-the-box viewing application, out-of-the-box tasks and tools, and a software developer kit for developing custom web applications.
- ArcFM Server Advanced provides all the functionality of ArcFM Server Standard and adds the ability to access the ArcFM editing and business rule framework.