Ambient Corp. has launched AmbientPQM , an advanced power quality monitoring solution that enables enhanced grid visibility for utilities.
AmbientPQM is a combination of software and hardware (PQM application, Ambient smart grid nodes, and sensors) that enables utilities and distribution network operators to measure an array of power quality parameters on medium and/or low-voltage distribution grids, on overhead and/or underground lines and at distribution substations or transformers.
- Enables remote monitoring in real-time
- Extensive power quality parameters accurately measured for actionable data
- Supports Volt/VAR optimization
- Early warning of power quality issues
- Helps prevent outages and protect assets
- Enhances speed of restoration after outages, reducing customer minutes lost (CML)
- Easy and quick installation with no outage required
- Part of an extensible and flexible platform for multiple smart grid applications, optimizing return on investment (ROI)
AmbientPQM is an application that is hosted on the Ambient Smart Grid Nodes and integrated within the AmbientNMS (Network Management System) to facilitate configuration, management, analysis and transfer of collected data on required sensing parameters. Data collection, reporting and alerts for each of the sensing parameters are highly configurable and allow users to define configurations as required.