Phoenix IT Solutions has won the Assam Power Distribution Company Limited (APDCL) Smart Grid Pilot project in consortium with M/s. NURI Telecom Co. Ltd., M/s. KEPCO (Korea Power Corporation) and M/s. SECURO Co. Ltd. for implementing the same in three subdivisions of Guwahati city in Assam, India. The contract was signed on March 31, 2015, at Guwahati.
The scope of work for Phoenix as the Smart Grid Implementing Agency (SGIA) includes assisting APDCL in implementation of Smart Grid activities viz.
- Installing Smart Meters at consumers' end and integration of DTR meters and Feeder Meters with the Smart Grid system
- Establishment of communication between consumer/DTR/Feeder-substation meters and Smart Grid Centre with suitable hardware/equipment
- Implementation of Time-of-Use (ToU) and Critical Peak Pricing (CPP) models for controlling peak loads
- Customer outreach and education for sensitizing the pilot area consumers about the benefits of demand response and smart grid
- Implementation of software for
a) Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) with 2-way communication
b) Peak Load Management (PLM)
c) Outage Management System (OMS)
d) Demand Side Management (DSM) & Demand Response (DR)
1) LT customers
2) HT customers
e) Load Forecasting Mechanism
f) Integration of Distributed Generation
g) Power Quality Management (PQM)
- Web portal for all the consumers to respond to DR/DSM/TOU initiative in the pilot area
- Monitoring of power quality and theft in the area
- Integration of the smart grid pilot systems with existing ERP, metering, billing, collection, and SCADA systems
- MIS to monitor the progress of the Pilot Project and monitoring of KPI's
Phoenix mPower™ Suite of Smart Grid software products along with the products of other consortium member companies will be used for implementing this Smart Grid Pilot. Both mPower MDMS™ and mPower CIS™ of Phoenix figure in the recent Gartner's magic quadrants for utility software products.