Extending its ability to manage configurations and automate IT processes, Oracle has announced enhancements to its Configuration Management Pack, a key component of Oracle Enterprise Manager.
With this release, Oracle Configuration Management Pack, available for Oracle Database, Oracle Middleware and non-Oracle systems, adds comprehensive, continuous, real-time detection, validation and reporting of authorized and unauthorized configuration changes, across Oracle and non-Oracle environments.
These capabilities, delivered through the new Configuration Change Console, enable customers to monitor changes in IT environments more efficiently while reducing costs, helping to improve service levels and to meet compliance objectives.
Oracle Configuration Management Pack enhances Oracle Enterprise Manager's top-down approach to application management by providing a comprehensive configuration management solution out-of- the-box. Oracle Enterprise Manager offers proactive change detection and configuration policies for the entire application environment.
Highlights of the Oracle Configuration Management Pack with new Configuration Change Console include:
- Real-time configuration change detection across the enterprise -- allows customers to detect and monitor configuration changes in a broad range of IT components including servers, databases, middleware, applications and individual point-of-sale devices.
- Out-of-the-box configuration compliance policies and framework -- facilitate the customer's ability to define and implement controls in accordance with regulatory and industry standards as well as best practices including Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI and ITIL.
- Discovery and asset tracking -- enables configuration information to be automatically collected in real time and accessible from a central console, providing a comprehensive view of all heterogeneous components in the data center.
- Analytics and reporting -- provides a consolidated view of all changes and a rich set of standard and ad-hoc reports and search capabilities that enable administrators to view all aspects of configurations across the enterprise.
- Integration with popular Change Management Systems -- enables customers to leverage their existing investments when using popular change management systems such as BMC Remedy BMC Remedy IT Service Management.
- Open and Extensible Solution -- helps customers to greatly reduce the time and the cost of managing configuration compliance in heterogeneous environments by utilizing Oracle Enterprise Manager's extensibility framework, out- of-box capabilities, user-defined policies and groups to automate manual scripts, reports and processes.