Oracle has announced the general availability of its Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition 10g Release 3 (Oracle Business Intelligence Suite EE), a major new release of Oracle's comprehensive, standards-based suite of business intelligence (BI) infrastructure and tools products.
This latest release of Oracle Business Intelligence EE, a component of Oracle Fusion Middleware, delivers product enhancements to further enable enterprise-wide BI, including a number of usability features; tighter integration with Oracle Applications, other components of Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Database products; and even broader "hot-pluggable" support for non-Oracle data sources. Oracle Business Intelligence Suite EE, together with Oracle Business Intelligence Applications, delivers pervasive intelligence that:
- Provide relevant information to all users in time to affect business results.
- Enable access to information through virtually any reporting medium including alerts, dashboards, reports, and more.
- Integrate with existing business processes and workflows.
- Allow the cost-effective scalability of the BI platform over time to manage data growth and user needs.
"Oracle Business Intelligence Suite EE enables the delivery of reporting and analysis in Oracle, non-Oracle or heterogeneous environments," said Henry Morris, group vice president and general manager, integration, development and application strategies, IDC. "With roots in the Siebel analytics technology acquired a year ago, the Oracle Business Intelligence Suite EE incorporates Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher to offer customers a comprehensive reporting and BI toolset at a competitive price."
The new release of Oracle Business Intelligence EE delivers pervasive company-wide intelligence with improved usability with 300 new features including:
- Data mart automation allowing data modeling and creation starting from a business view and automatically generating the physical data mart structure.
- Enhanced Microsoft Office integration with enhancements to support output formats, data export, and live interaction with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Enhanced performance and scalability with enhanced clustering, native 64-bit support, a new hypercube infrastructure, multi-pass calculation optimizations and others.
- Improved data visualization and end user personalization with drag and drop layout editing, enhanced presentation variables, financial reporting, customized report subscriptions, and secure search.
- Lower total cost of ownership with integration with Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g, enhanced mobile analytics, automated workload management, and security enhancements.
Oracle Business Intelligence Suite EE now offers users a full set of options to access the information they need including interactive dashboards self-service ad hoc analysis, proactive alerts, highly formatted reports and disconnected analytics on mobile laptops. Release 3 enhancements to extend information to new and increased audiences include JSR-168 support, which enables organizations to embed BI portlets into any JSR-168-compliant portal. In addition, the product supports Really Simple Syndication (RSS) capabilities that enable RSS-aware applications to include BI Alerts and information as well as scalability and performance enhancements to enable even larger numbers of users.
The new release delivers sophisticated, pixel-perfect publishing and reporting capabilities via Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher, formerly Oracle XML Publisher. Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher provides a single solution for all reporting and document output needs, enabling organizations to produce a wide array of documents including financial statements, government forms, high-fidelity reports, invoices, labels, checks, electronic documents (EFT/EDI), purchase orders, and sales orders. Rather than rely on a proprietary report design tool, the product enables report builders to format reports using a variety of familiar applications such as Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word or Excel. Documents and reports can be scheduled and delivered to email, fax, printer, WebDAV, or incorporated into interactive dashboards. Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher is available standalone or as an integrated component of Oracle Business Intelligence Suite EE, providing a compete BI and reporting solution to meet all enterprise needs.