Field Squared has announced Version 2.0 of its Mobile Applications Development Platform. This cloud platform empowers field mobility and provides efficiency gains for utilities.
Current methods for mobilizing a field workforce use mobile versions of back-office systems such as Customer Relationship Managers (CRM), GIS, SAP, Outage Management Systems (OMS), Salesforce or SQL/Oracle databases. These systems are not typically optimized for mobility and can be inflexible. In fact, according to Field Service News, "21% of service organizations admitted to having to fit the way they work around their software."
Field Squared solves this problem with a mobile front-end platform that extends any back-office business system to the field, while enabling complete customization of field forms. Two-way connections to back-office systems, data blending and workflow creation happens easily through a drag and drop integration designer. No coding required. Version 2.0 of the Mobile Applications Development Platform includes:
- Back-office integration with two-way synchronization with SAP, SQL, Oracle, GIS and QuickBooks Online
- Drag and drop smart forms designer for creating complex data capture screens and workflows
- Photo capture & markup
- Automatic data conflict detection and version management, both online & offline
- Work orders created in the field and work order management
- Asset management & tracking
- Scheduling, dispatching and route optimization
- GPS Tracking of teams and users
- Vehicle tracking, maps & GIS capabilities
"Extending back-office work and customer management systems to the field, as enabled by solutions such as Field Squared, empowers the mobile workforce with critical information," said Sumair Dutta, Chief Customer Officer at The Service Council. "This accelerates customer issue resolution, improves the customer experience, and ultimately increases customer satisfaction."
According to Field Technology Magazine's Field Mobility 2015 Report, the top criteria for selection of Mobile Workforce Management Software is 1) Ability to integrate with current back-office systems, 2) Ability to work untethered or without connectivity, and 3) User Interface and ability to map to workflow. Field Squared addresses all of these criteria in an easy to use, drag and drop mobile applications development platform.