IEEE has announced that full-length videos of panel discussions and other activities that are part of the first IEEE Smart Grid World Forum will be available for online viewing. The IEEE Smart Grid World Forum Virtual Conference will provide coverage of the event, which took place in Brussels, Belgium, on Dec. 2-3, 2010. With in-person registrations at capacity, the videos will provide anytime, anywhere access to expert viewpoints for individuals unable to attend the event.
WHAT: The first IEEE Smart Grid World Forum Virtual Conference focuses on state-of-the-art Smart Grid developments in Europe. The Forum series is a global platform for collaboration to support and promote the Evolution of Smart Grid, and help develop a clear roadmap towards accelerating Smart Grid advancements worldwide.
WHERE: Available for a discounted rate of $325.00, individuals could register in advance, during or after the IEEE Smart Grid World Forum to receive access to the exclusive video materials recorded during the Brussels event at: http://www.webcastregister.com/ieee/the-smart-grid-world-forum-virtual-access-p-1.html
WHY: The IEEE Smart Grid World Forum Virtual Conference provides insightful presentations and discussions with an international perspective on a broad range of Smart Grid topics, including business and technical considerations, as well as standards.
WHO: The IEEE Smart Grid World Forum Virtual Conference is designed for top industry executives, government leaders and members of the academic community interested in learning the best business and technology practices to expedite the development of Smart Grid.
The event that features more than 30 invited Smart Grid experts. IEEE Smart Grid World Forum speakers included:
- Ronnie Belmans, IEEE Fellow and Chairman European SmartGrids Technology Platform
- Branko Bjelajac, Executive Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, Landis+Gyr
- Marc Carpenter, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Oncor
- Maher Chebbo, Vice President of Utilities & Services Industries for EMEA, SAP AG
- Ralf Christian, CEO Power Distribution, Siemens Energy
- Jan Declercq, Chief Business Development Officer, CG Holdings
- Bastian Fischer, Vice President and General Manager Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit EMEA
- Bob Gilligan, Vice President, GE Energy Services’ Digital Energy
- Tahir Kapetanovic, E-control Austria and ERGEG/CEER
- John McDonald, IEEE Fellow and Director, Technical Strategy and Policy Development for GE Energy’s Digital Energy
- Bazmi Husain, Head of Smart Grid, ABB Group
- Manuel Sánchez Jiménez, EU Commission Energy
- Tevfik Sezi, Principal Expert Smart Grid, Siemens Energy
- Gerrit Jan Schaeffer, Director Energy, VITO
- Laurent Schmitt, VP Strategy & Smart Grid, Alstom Grid
- Lennart Söder, Professor, KTH
- Ralph Sporer, Chairman of EU Joint CEN/CENELEC ETSI Working group on Smart Grid Standardization
- Konstantin Staschus, Secretary-General ENTSO-E
- Claude Turmes, Vice President, GREENS/EFA, member of the European Parliament
- Martin Vesper, Executive Director, Yello Storm