Siemens Energy, Inc. will work with Central Vermont Public Service to integrate eMeter Corporation's EnergyIP meter data management system into the company's IT framework to manage the metering data acquired through a prospective advanced metering infrastructure deployment. EnergyIP will be part of a larger CVPS SmartPower initiative that is being deployed to benefit CVPS' 159,000 electric customers.
EnergyIP will help CVPS enable the realization of SmartPower benefits in the following areas:
- operational efficiency through the use of AMI data to reduce costs through increased efficiencies and as a tool to improve operational decision-making.
- increased distribution system reliability and higher customer satisfaction using AMI data to improve the speed of power restoration and improve outage management.
- energy conservation and peak load management by establishing time-based rates and deploying load-curtailable devices, such as water heaters that can automatically respond to load conditions.
- higher customer satisfaction through more detailed customer information (hourly data), flexible billing schedules, Web presentment and other communication methods;.
- improvements in distribution operations using peak load meter data and capabilities for certain distribution automation functions and advanced outage management.